Instant Pot IP-DUO60 7-in-1 Review
Ask any pressure cooker owner and they’ll be able to tell you that a pressure cooker is not only an incredibly fast way to cook food but also an incredibly convenient method. However, with so many different pressure cookers available to purchase, choosing the right one is no easy task. Hopefully our Instant Pot IP-DUO60 7-in-1 review will help you along your journey to finding a great pressure cooker.
When it comes to electric pressure cookers, the Instant Pot IP-DUO60 7-in-1 Programmable Pressure Cooker is the bestselling option on Amazon. With that in mind, we’ve taken the product for a spin to take a look at its features, pros and cons and to ultimately decide whether or not it’s worth your money.
Instant Pot IP-DUO60 7-in-1 Features:
As aforementioned, the first section of this review will take a look at the features available with the Instant Pot and why exactly it’s worth your money. We’ve completely a thorough run down of those different features for you to make a decision based upon.
7-in-1 Functionality – The most prominent of the features offered by this pressure cooker is advertised in the product’s title and that’s the fact that it offers 7 functions in one device. Obviously every electric pressure cooker offers pressure cooking capability but if you’re not going to be using that functionality regularly, the cooker can become slightly useless. However, the 7 functions offered by this cooker completely change all of that.
This pressure cooker is primarily designed for pressure cooking, so you can’t expect the extra functionality to be incredibly comprehensive. However, included with this pressure cooker you’ll find a number of extra features, including a slow cooker, rice cooker, browning, yogurt maker, steamer and warmer. That’s pretty impressive, especially if you need some of that extra functionality on top of your pressure cooker.
That being said, you’ll want to carefully consider whether or not you need this extra functionality before deciding to buy this pressure cooker.
Comprehensive Control Panel – It has largely become the norm for electric cookers to provide an electronic control panel. This panel allows you to control the temperature and speed of your pressure cooker and generally tweak the cooker to your liking. We can comfortably say that this product from Instant Pot features one of the most comprehensive control panels that we’ve seen from a pressure cooker on the market. The sheer amount of buttons built into the control panel can appear a little baffling at first, but having used them for a while, you’ll soon start to appreciate the extra functionality.
At the same time, this control panel features a total of 14 built-in smart programs. These are pre-programmed recipes that allow you to chuck in your food and get cooking. If you’re new to the world of using a pressure cooker or are just short for time, you’ll find this functionality to be more than useful.
Safety Features – When it comes to picking a good pressure cooker, safety features are often something that many people overlook. However, it’s worth remembering that a pressure cooker is a piece of electric equipment, so it’s important for the equipment to be incredibly safe. This is a piece of equipment that will be used in your home, so if you value the safety of yourself and you’ll family, you’ll want to make sure you buy a safe piece of kit.
Instant Pot have clearly advertised that their pressure cooker is both UL and ULC certified. They were able to achieve this because of the product’s 10 proven safety mechanisms. All of these mechanisms have been thoroughly tested in a family environment. It really goes without saying that you can trust Instant Pot’s product for use within your family kitchen and just about anywhere in general.
Stylish Design – If you plan on using your pressure cooker regularly, there’s a good chance that it will be sat on display in your kitchen space for both yourself and any guests to see. With that in mind, it’s important to choose a pressure cooker that looks of good quality and uses a stylish design. We can comfortably confirm that Instant Pot have clearly designed this pressure cooker with style in mind and it really pays off.
Not everybody thinks about design when it comes to buying a kitchen appliance, however, when you consider how often you’re going to see this pressure cooker, you’ll definitely want for it to look good.
The design of this pressure cooker is comprised of a number of different stylish features, including a stainless steel body and bold lid. Whilst we’re definitely a fan of this design choice, it still would have been nice to see Instant Pot include a range of different colour options when it comes to buying this product. The silver design looks great but might not fit into your home all too well, which is where other color options would have been great.
Good Build Quality – When it comes to the features of this pressure cooker, it only seems apt to finish by taking a look at the fantastic build quality of the product. You might already be aware that there’s some pretty inferior products out there when it comes to build quality. However, we can safely confirm that this pressure cooker is designed with only the best quality materials both on the interior and exterior.
The pot mainly uses a stainless steel exterior, which we’d definitely say is one of the best material choices we’ve seen amongst the different pressure cookers we’ve reviewed. This exterior build quality is again reciprocated with the interior of the product. We know that you want your food to be prepared in a completely sterile environment, so it goes without saying that the pressure cooker from Instant Pot provides just that.
Instant Pot IP-DUO60 7-in-1 Pros:
We’ve already given you a number of great reasons why to love the Instant Pot IP-DUO60 7-in-1 Programmable Pressure Cooker. This section of the article will clearly define the pros behind this pressure cooker and the reasons why it’s a good choice for you:
- Designed to be much more than just a pressure cooker. Instant Pot clearly understand that it might be expensive to invest in a product that is designed to be used solely as a pressure cooker. With that in mind, they’ve designed this product to offer a number of different functions, including slow cooker, yogurt maker and a range of other different features and functions.
- One of the most comprehensive display and control panels that we’ve seen from any pressure cooker on the market. It’s incredibly clear that this pressure cooker is designed to be used by both veterans to the world of pressure cooking and beginners who have never used a pressure cooker before.
- Some of the best safety features that we’ve seen used by any pressure cooker on the market. It’s very nice to see that Instant Pot have paid careful attention to detail when it comes to making this pressure cooker ready for use in the family home. The brand are also incredibly transparent when it comes to detailing the safety features that they have included in their pressure cooker. This is definitely something we’d like to see a lot more of from pressure cooker manufacturers.
- Stainless steel materials make for a product that features some of the best build quality we’ve seen from a pressure cooker. Both the interior and exterior use quality materials that are deserving of the price tag of this product. It may be a pretty pricey pressure cooker, but when it comes to build quality, you definitely get what you pay for.
Instant Pot IP-DUO60 7-in-1 Cons:
Whilst there’s a good number of advantages to buying this pressure cooker from Instant Pot, there’s also a few cons that you’ll want to keep in mind. You’ll want to carefully study these cons to decide whether or not the pressure cooker is right for you:
- Whilst as we’ve already mentioned, we definitely love the design of this pressure cooker, however, your options are pretty limited. Considering many different people have very different kitchen designs, it would have been nice to see Instant Pot offer a range of different style pressure cookers instead of the standard silver design.
- This is a pretty pricey pressure cooker. That is largely down to the fact that the pressure cooker offers 7 functions in 1. This undeniably means that you might be paying for extra functionality. If you don’t believe that you’re doing to be using some of this extra functionality, you might want to explore other options.
Instant Pot IP-DUO60 7-in-1 Review Verdict:
In conclusion, we’ve certainly sold this pressure cooker from Instant Pot as a pretty formidable option when it comes to a convenient cooking device for your kitchen. That’s quite rightly so considering the range of different features offered by this pressure cooker. It looks great, is easy to use and even offers a range of different additional functions. However, before buying the pressure cooker, you’re going to need to decide whether or not you need those additional functions and if this pressure cooker will suit the style of your kitchen. In all, those looking for a great all round pressure cooker will find it here.