Another great meal for breakfast time that will set you up for the rest of the day.
Pressure cooker breakfast burrito
2 tablespoons of olive oil
8 eggs, peeled and diced
1⁄4 cup red onion, diced
1⁄2 cup tomato, diced
1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
1⁄4 cup water
1 teaspoon of salt
4 large tortillas
1 cup of cooked black beans, warmed
1 avocado, peeled and sliced
This is optional: soy sour cream or Sour cream
This is optional: Shredded vegan Cheddar or Cheddar cheese
1. Heat the olive oil in the pressure cooker over medium to high heat. Add the eggs, stir until well coated, and sauté for a couple minutes. Add the onion, tomato, cilantro, water, and salt.
2. Lock the lid safely into place. Bring to high pressure and maintain for 6 minutes. Remove from the heat and quick-release the pressure.
3. Steam or microwave the tortillas until softened, then lay one tortilla on a flat surface to build the burrito. Place one fourth of the egg mixture, one fourth of the drained beans, and 1⁄4 of the avocado slices in a line in the center of the tortilla.
4. Roll your burrito by first folding the sides of the tortilla over the filling. Then, while still holding the sides closed, fold the bottom of the tortilla over the filling. Next, roll the burrito from the bottom up, while still holding the sides closed and pushing the filling down into the burrito if it tries to spill out. Repeat for remaining burritos.
5. Top with sour cream and/or cheese, if desired.
Did you know?
More eggs are eaten in china than anywhere else in the world, no surprise considering the population really.
A man called Howard Helmer holds the record for most omelets made in 30 minutes, he made a whopping 427.
On average a hen lays between 250 and 270 eggs in a year, some manage to lay more than 300